Mens boxer shorts tend to have a longer leg than boxer briefs and boxer trunks, although the leg length can vary from relatively short to really long. It is the loose fitting feature of a boxer short that sets this style apart from other boxers.
Boxer shorts have the following benefits:
- Loose fitting - boxer shorts are loose which allows for a 'hang free' feel.
- Comfort - some men find the extra material more comfortable to wear or prefer the extra material for lounging around the house in comfort.
- Camouflage men's physique - boxer shorts don't show as much physique as a brief or boxer brief so they can be better if a man is a little out of shape.
- Air circulation - boxer shorts are loose fitting which provides more air circulation and this means less sweat, less moisture and a cooler temperature.
- Suitable for larger legs - if you work out at the gym and have fabulous thighs, you may find that boxer briefs and trunks don't fit around you leg diameter, whereas a boxer short will.
- Fly front - many boxer shorts have a traditional fly front whereas this is less likely on a fitted boxer brief style.
Overall, whether you like a boxer short or not is dependent upon whether you want something loose fitting. If you like the length on a boxer short but don't want the loose material, then try a boxer brief, boxer trunk or long underwear such as a long john.